About the artist
Jose Lozano received an MFA from CSUF. He has had seven solo shows including
Chicano Trickster at Manhattan Beach, Pop Narratives at Bess Cutler Gallery in
New York and El Que Pinta at Muckentheler Cultural Center in Fullerton. He has
been part of numerous exhibits including Papel Chicano and Chicanitas from the
Cheech Marin Collection. He has curated varied exhibits for Avenue 50 Studio and
Muckentheler Cultural Center.
He has been part of serigraph atelier projects with Self-Help Graphics. Several of the prints done there are now in the permanent collection of LACMA.
- He is the recipient of a California Community Foundation
- grant, mid-career in drawing and painting.
- His public art projects include LA Metro Loteria at the La Brea/Jefferson station
- Aliso Dreams, a mural for La
- Plaza Village on North Broadway in downtown LA.
- His most recent children's book "Little Chanclas" was awarded the best bilingual picture book by the Latino Book Awards Association and reviewed by the New York Times.